oh, man was it a crazy weekend. this is gonna be a little scattered, so keep up…
1) i completely busted my old motorola razr on friday night. i dropped it and it’s toast. so much for their vaunted aluminum design. lame. so i had to go buy a new phone, which i was planning on doing anyway… AFTER the holidays… now christmas money is even more scarce than it was. boo. anyway, i now have a shiny new crackberry pearl. it’s actually a really freakin’ cool phone. i think i’m going to get a lot of use out of it… it’s just not very punk to carry a crackberry. the flipside is that my techno-geek cred just went up, i guess…
2) santa rampage. what a freakin’ blast. pics are available on the flickr. there’s too much to list here… but i’ll give you my favorite memories from the night.
- walking into the beerseller and seeing a solid wall of red and white.
- “bad-ass santas drink pitchers!”
- toby penner walking in with a camera strapped to his head under his santa hat
- pretty lady on the bar at coyote ugly!!
- that dude who who gave me a fiver for my santa beard and ran around the bar with it on his head telling everyone that i was the best.
- the b.b.king’s dance floor bowing and bending to 138 santas going wild while the house band played “shout!”
- forgetting who i was and dancing like i’ve (literally) never danced before at decades of all places. (i don’t dance, btw…)
3) christmas brunch at cathy’s house on sunday was truly outstanding. not only is this lady super-successful and business savvy, she has an awesome house, great kids, and is a KILLER cook! her culinary offerings were mind-blowingly tasty. many many heaping compliments for you cathy!
4) this weekend i also came to terms with some things and have come to a good spot in my head. some things are over, some things are put on indefinite hold, some things are just starting… but it seems to be all sorted out in my head. which i good because, to be honest, it was getting a little crazy in here!
so anyway, there ya go… a little glimpse into my weekend.