but not to west virginia.
and not really home, either.
… to north carolina and my family reunion, though… you can take me there.
it has been a busy and frustrating couple of weeks. i don’t really feel like getting into too many details, though. it hasn’t been that interesting, honestly. so, here’s the highlights:
- all the bass lines are done for the album with the exception of two songs which i couldn’t do because they were nowhere near ready for bass lines. after saturday, though, they will be. the album is finally picking up a lot of steam. very exciting.
- i had to get my throat stretched again. for those of you who missed it, the first time was one of the most traumatic events in my life so far. THIS time i took the advice of a nurse friend of mine. she said, “listen chris… you OBVIOUSLY don’t respond to anesthesia as quickly as most people, because you’re not supposed to remember the tube in your throat. tell them to give you extra time for the drugs to work this time!” good, solid advice. thank you melissa. i did as advised and i am happy to report a much less traumatic experience. no memories of the procedure. also, less muscle strain from struggling since i was actually out of it this time. all in all, a win, i think. i did have some bruised eye sockets for a few days after though… i looked like a crack-head. it was great.
- i’m training the new employee at work. this is the main reason i haven’t been posting a lot lately. it takes a lot of my time and then i have to catch up with everything else going on here. luckily, i really enjoy training. it’s one of the few things i miss about my last job as a retail store manager.
- the bbc is having their “annual photo challenge” and the theme this year is “blue.” i’m thinking of submitting something this time. may the photos of the lightbulbs through the tungsten correction filter… i dunno. take a look through my flickr page and tell me what you think! the link is on the sidebar at the bottom. over there –>
- next week is going to be one of the busiest of the year, i’m afraid. not only is christy coming back into town (huzzah!), beth is getting married, and i have a family reunion to attend in north carolina.
and we’ve come full circle. on wednesday, the fourth of july, i will be driving to cashiers, north carolina… which is, according to their website, beautiful. it’s also five and a half hours from nashville. but, it’s a family reunion and i haven’t been to one of those in… well, at least eight years. it’ll be fun… grilling out, catching up, whitewater rafting, etc. good times. i will be leaving early on saturday morning however, even though the festivities continue another two days. but, beth is getting married and there’s no way i’d miss that! no way in hell. also: though i love them all and my immediate family will be there to keep me sane, some of my extended family can drive me up a wall. i think that’s normal.
here’s the deal, though. i’m gonna be spending many many many hours with just me and the ipod and the road. so i need some listening suggestions. specifically podcasts and free, downloadable audiobooks. also, suggestions on good driving music wouldn’t hurt, though i think i’ve got that one covered for the most part.
whadda ya say, folks? what’s good?